[Amps] Salt water dummy loads

David Cutter d.cutter at ntlworld.com
Fri Jul 16 09:56:48 PDT 2010

Sea water freezes around 1.25 to 1.5C depending on depth and is about 5%
"salt" if I remember rightly, ie much more than your dummy load which will
still freeze at about the same as tap water.  It will grow algae unless you
put something in it, but that will alter the resistance, so do that first.
Keep it cool and in the dark and that will slow the growth.  I suggest a
dark container, not clear glass.  This is from my experience in the vending
trade, I'm not a chemist.

Since the electrodes are passing ac, not dc, I'm guessing that on each half
cycle there will be recombination.  It's cheap enough to replace the water
and electrodes at regular intervals, just keep checking the swr I suppose
and don't run it too hot.

David
G3UNA