[Amps] AL-82 Blowing fuses on startup

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 14 10:30:40 PST 2010

The voltage that most of the major electric companies now target is 125 volts +/- 2 volts.  Voltages on the "+" side are very common during the warmer months when there is generally a heavier load due to air conditioning.

Unfortunately, most of the light bulbs sold by retailers are 120 volt bulbs and they just don't last that long when the voltage is 125 volts, or more.  There are 130 volt bulbs available but the retailers definitely don't "push" them because when the 130 volt bulbs are used the sales of bulbs decreases dramatically.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com