[Amps] A dual 4-1000 amp

Roger (K8RI) sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Fri Nov 26 04:54:58 PST 2010

On 11/26/2010 7:19 AM, donroden at hiwaay.net wrote:
> If you want that Mig-21 sucking up gravel on an unimproved runway
> sound, go with a couple of Rotron Centrimax CX-33 blowers.
>
> Or, if the XYL doesn't mind a little two-cycle smoke, use a 41cc
> Homelite leaf blower with a tuned pipe.
Although a couple of vacuum cleaner motors will work, a better choice
would be to take the turbine out of a self contained plasma cutter.  Out
in the open they really sing, but ...you did say cash was a problem and
those self contained torches are running a tad shy of two grand.

Maybe get some of the old vacuum cleaners, put 3 or 4 of the blade sets
on one shaft...a bit of metal work and that sucker will move air AND
make an impressive sound.

Then again you could take the super charger out of a car, and turn it
with one of the model jet engines.  I'm not sure if you would be able to
hear the turbines over the engine or not.

Good Luck,

Roger (K8RI)
.