[Amps] Help identifying tubes

Patrick Barthelow apolloeme at live.com
Sun Nov 28 22:33:48 PST 2010

If they are not 4-400As, tetrodes, (which can be used as grounded grid triodes, plug in replacemets for the 3-500Z. in a pinch.)  Will not put out the same RF without circuit changes.....they are identical look alikes.
I think each, or at least one, of the grids are connected to muiltiple pins, in which you can test with an ohmmeter.
Also, if you put the tubes in the refrigerator cool them down, then bring them back in
a room temp environment, sometimes the condensation will bring out the tube type printing, even if you cannot otherwise see it.

Best Regards,
Pat Barthelow; Echoes of Apollo