[Amps] Help identifying tubes

Alek Petkovic vk6apk at bigpond.com
Mon Nov 29 00:15:53 PST 2010

You should be able to tell with an ohm meter.

The filament pins are easy to identify. They are the same for the
triode, tetrode and pentode.

If it is a triode, the 3 other pins will have 0 Ohms between them
If it is a tetrode, only two of the other tree pins will show 0 Ohms
If it is a pentode, there will be no continuity between any of the
other three pins.

 From the pics, they look like 5-500 tubes but the Ohm meter should tell you.

73, Alek
VK6APK