[Amps] Famous Alpha plate clip desoldering issue

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Thu Sep 16 09:02:46 PDT 2010

Id say that the amp was the recipient of excessive drive at some point as a
prior owner believed that another 200-300W would make a difference. Ive seen
that desoldering as well as crystalized solder joints in the bandswitch area
in several amps that were ridden hard and put away wet.

Im also a happy 76PA owner on the 2nd station. It was a former contest
station amp from one of the Carribean big gun multi-multis and required a
lot of TLC to get it back to its former glory. Thanks to my scrounging
ability it was rather painless (-; plus it came to me as payment for fixing
their Ten Tec Titan 425.

Carl
KM1H