[Amps] Re K3

Fern crc at cyberlink.bc.ca
Fri Aug 17 21:11:02 PDT 2012

Jim:
      Where in the world are you getting your misinformation from re the K3?
You don't own one so quit running the darn radio down. Most of us ham don't
run any more than the legal power of 1500 watts so there's no need for a 200
watt exciter. I happen to have Icom, Kenwood and Yaesu rigs and by far, the
K3 has them all beat without a doubt. It would be nice if people would quit
running down equipment that they don't even own. I've been in the
communications business for over 50 years with owning my own business for
over 25 years so I think that I have a bit of an  idea as to what I'm
talking about as I have on my disposal all of the test equipment to check
this all out.
    The output power on the K3 is just over 120 watts dc (key down on mine)
not 100 W pep as you stated. 99% of legal hf amplifiers don't require any
more than 100 watts to drive them to full 1500 W allowed power. No offense
Jim, I'm just stating the facts.
Fern