[Amps] Dedicated RF

Vic, K2VCO k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 16:19:11 PDT 2012

One thing is that FCC rules now say that they can sell an amp that works
on 10/12 meters IF it doesn't work on CB frequencies. The only way to do
this is with some kind of frequency counter which means a
microprocessor. Then there is protective circuitry: rather than use lots
of complicated and failure-prone relay circuits, since they already have
the microprocessor they just connect sensors to it.

So even manual tune amplifiers end up with little computers inside them.

--
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA