[Amps] Hole Flow

Fuqua, Bill L wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Wed Aug 28 13:20:06 EDT 2013

  Holes can not be used to explain the physics behind operation of vacuum tubes.
As an example you have to some how make a hot filament a absorber of holes and then how do
you explain plate dissipation. The kinetic energy of a hole striking the cathode somehow generating
heat on the anode. Even physicist explain the operation of vacuum devices in terms of electrons.
  Similarly, you can't explain the operation of antennas in terms of photons. You have to use
EM theory to do so.
  Conventional current flow is simply used due to mathematical convenience.
Ben Franklin had a 50-50 chance of getting it right and he had an unlucky day.
It is too bad that he did not make the opposite choice.
73
Bill wa4lav