[Amps] FW: Power factor correction on tube amps

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Sun Mar 10 14:43:25 EDT 2013

On 3/10/2013 12:01 PM, Ward Silver wrote:
> Having worked on the design, development, verification, and validation
> of life-critical medical devices (cardiac defibrillators), I can
> categorically state that process matters.  A lot.

This confuses me a bit. Any medical device, including computer systems
used for testing and data collection, plus equipment in the network is
rigidly controlled by FDA "validation" which is far more detailed,
rigid, and contains penalties for non conformance compared to ISO

As I said earlier, ISO can be an effective tool when properly
implemented and understood, but in the case of medical devices, I'd
expect FDA validation to be far more effective and restrictive.

73

Roger (K8RI)

  ISO-9xxx is not