[Amps] Some thoughts about FL-2100 and SB-200 work in 6m

Hsu hsu4qro at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 12:09:18 EDT 2013

A few month ago, I  have discuss with a friend about a pair 572Bs work in
6m,in usually, the people don't think some PAs like FL-2100 and SB-200 what
with 2X572Bs can not work  in 160(80)m-6m,   6m only.
  I have some thoughts about these PAs, maybe can modify and let these PA
work in 160(80)m to 6m . 1) add a relay and swicth in/out  6m input network
indendently and let the wire  what connect to the cathoude as short as
possible.
don't modify the exist input network.2).I do know 572B with long lead.
to add a  FR4 PCB   or metal sheet what with two  holes in the top of tube
's  base/bottom of  anode(actually  insert the tube into the holes)  ,
connect / solder   the sheet /PCB  to ground . this  sheet  for shield
cathoude/anode.
3)in 6m band , duo to the 572B's large capacitance, you can not get
resonable QL,if cut the  plate capacitor,and regard  the tube 's output
capatance +stray capacitance as plate capacitor(fixed), insert a shorted
copper circle in  the coil
to turn the PA like
http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~jh2clv/gu74b2m/2mplatecoil030920.jpg. this can
solve the problem what 572B's large  output capacitance
problem.3)certainly, the neutralization is needed.
  I do not have FL-2100 and SB-200, If you interested, maybe you can try to
add  6m band and HF bands still usuable.
Any suggestion?
   73!Hsu