[Amps] Plate Choke question

peter chadwick g8on at fsmail.net
Sun Nov 10 07:47:06 EST 2013

Presence of a glitch resistor is a 'given', Carl. I have one in the power supply: it has to be effective since it's nichrome and we all know that nichrome is the magic answer to all evils! An 80 ohm, 100 watt, 10 inch long, 1.5 inch diameter vitreous enamelled glitch resistor, complete with WW2 RAF stores number stamped on the end cap.

So the resistor doesn't explode when there's an arc - the 40 gauge fuse wire goes instead. As that it is suspended between two 6 inch long ribbed ceramic stand offs 6 inches apart, there's not enough material to set up an arc path.

73

Peter G3RZP