[Amps] Looking for picture of SB220 interlock switch

donroden at hiwaay.net donroden at hiwaay.net
Sun Nov 10 12:39:06 EST 2013

Quoting Jim Thomson <jim.thom at telus.net>:
> The old fella had removed the top lid with the amp
> powered on !!   He was gonna poke about inside to find the problem.
> If the safety device was not there,
> he woulda be fried.   He had removed the top lid late at night, while tired.
>>
> Jim   VE7RF

Education Education Education.

( 1 ) Don't work tired

( 2 ) Don't work alone

Pulling routine maintenance on TV transmitters was always done after
midnight and I gave the engineer ( s ) the afternoon off before an all
nighter or midnighter .     I told them to try to get several hours of
  sleep before meeting me at the transmitters.  I watched them
carefully for any signs of inattention or fatigue.   We engaged  each
other in safety and troubleshooting procedures before each step of
transmitter repair.  Just keeping a conversation going seemed to be
the best way to both teach and watch for fatigue.

We never touched the "bad stuff" without a last reconnect of the
jumper cables and a voltmeter check.  We were dealing with 26KV and I
didn't want to have to make a call to their wives at 3AM.

Don W4DNR