[Amps] Cool Amp Silver Plating

peter chadwick g8on at fsmail.net
Fri Feb 28 11:37:48 EST 2014

Whether it's worthwhile electrically depends on the frequency. At 144MHz, the skin depth is 0.2 mil (0.0002 inch) and you need about 5 skin depths to keep 99% of the current in the silver, or about 1 mil i.e. 0.001 inch. At 1.8 MHz, you need about 0.009 inches for 5 skin depths....

But it looks a lot nicer than oxidised copper.

73

Peter G3RZP

 Message Received: Feb 28 2014, 03:48 PM