[Amps] Blower noise

Alek Petkovic vk6apk at bigpond.com
Tue Aug 11 19:41:29 EDT 2015

Not as silly as it sounds.

The new shack that I will have in my house which is under construction,
will have a dividing wall in the shack with a door at the end. this
division will go right across the shack and the resulting room, will be
around 4' (1.2m) deep.

My amplifier rack will be at one end of this wall with cutouts big
enough to just allow the front panels of the amplifiers to poke through.
That effectively puts the noisy parts in another room and out of the
way. I have several noisy amplifiers and I see this approach as a good
way to minimise the noise.

Similarly, there will be slots cut into the wall, at the rear of the
operating bench for all the cabling and wiring, with cable trays on the
other side, for strain relief. That puts all the mess in the other room
and makes it all accessible from in there.

73, Alek.
VK6APK