[Amps] Alpha 87A Power Supply Question

w5cul at sbcglobal.net w5cul at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 4 16:54:57 EDT 2021

I think what was being said there is that if an Amp has 110Vac Fans, then
there should be an independent Neutral associated with the Amp as well, to
include L1, L2 and Ground.  I think what was being implied is that the
Neutral to the Amp would NOT be bonded to the Chassis Ground, yet serve
solely as a return for the 110Vac Fans.  The Ground would still be bonded to
the Chassis of the Amp, neutral and either L1 or L2 would be used to power
the fans and L1/L2 would also terminate to the plate transformer.  That
would work and still meet Code, I think.  Just my take on what was being
suggested at that time. Of course this implementation would require a 4 Pole
Service into the Amp and I am not familiar with any commercially based
implementation of such, but could see a Home Brewed Amp structured that way.

Thank  you,

Mike
W5CUL