[Amps] Alpha 87A Power Supply Question

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue May 4 17:47:59 EDT 2021

One very good way to do it is what K4XU did in the Ten Tec Titan 425
(circa 1978-9), whose power xfmr has two windings that are strapped in
series for 240V and in parallel for 120V. When strapped for 240V, 120V
is obtained from one of the primaries.

Last I looked, it is a code violation for the Green Wire to carry load
current. Older appliances did that, but while ancient installs are
grandfathered, it has been prohibited for new installations for decades.

73, Jim K9YC