[Antennaware] Using YO to analyze stacked Yagis

Guy Olinger K2AV olinger at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 26 12:21:51 PST 2012

This is true, always has been.  Typically a commercial yagi is designed for
single use, far and away the most common use.  Stacking three plus elements
does produce the kinds of improvements proffered for stacks.  The
difference in a stack of single use design and a stack designed as a stack,
probably cannot be detected by the other end, with other issues, like
feedline loss, or corrosion issues a far greater villain.  Further, even in
stacks, a lot of the use is still lower only or upper only, STILL
vindicating design for single use.

Stack interaction is VERY evident if you stack two element beams, as their
interaction is huge, rendering two element stacks not worth the effort.
 The free space pattern of a yagi needs have an over/under null to stack
"well".  This is very easy to model.

73, Guy.