[CCF] ARRLDX CW CU2A(OH2UA) SOAB HP

Toni Lindén oh2ua at luukku.com
Tue Feb 21 04:52:47 EST 2006

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: CU2A
Operator(s): OH2UA
Station: CU2CE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 45
Radios: SO2R

  160:  342    50
   80:  581    57
   40: 1040    59
   20: 1316    59
   15: 1346    59
   10:   13    10
-------------------
Total: 4638   294  Total Score = 4,003,398

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

When I had an opportunity to hit the airwaves again at CU2A there
was no doubt about entering the ARRL DX Contest. I'd worked quite
hard with José (CU2CE) to find a source for 59 +20dB noise on low
band’s. Finally it was discovered that power transformer some
distance from the property was the actual source.

Men from the local power line company were very kind to give some
first aid, but unfortunately it didn’t help that much.

Also K9AY loops were build up, but the transformer is in
direction of North America, so most of the time on low bands
I’d to dig out stations from very noisy band.

Best hour produced 189 QSO's on 20m on Saturday evening.
Since 10m never opened to NA, only 11 stations were worked an all
six bands. Totally 2431 different stations were logged during the
contest.

Even if 10m was practically closed for whole weekend it was lot
of fun! I'm very happy to claim a new EU-record and put CR7A's (CT1BOH)
13 years old record to finally rest.

Many thanks to all of you for QSO's! When ever you heard CU2A on the bands,
drop your call in to say hello, it'll be much appreciated.

And last my greatest thanks to José and Paula and the whole Azores/Finland
Friendship Consortium for their help and hospitality! Once again I really
did enjoy my stay at the beautiful island of Saõ Miguel!

See web www.cu2a.com

73 de Toni, OH2UA