[CCF] Working a contest where 200 Qs is a max

Ilkka Korpela Ilkka.Korpela at Helsinki.fi
Sat Sep 30 05:11:53 EDT 2006

Juha,

  Luckily 90% contest participants in for example CQ WW
áre happy with less than 200 Qs. This is what OH3BU has stressed
over the years - contests are made possible by non-serious
contesters.

  Also it is not always about "getting something for yourself", but,
maybe in case of SAC, VK/ZL, RSGB 21/28 etc. "making it fun for the
others but myself and the enjoyment of that"

  I that hope we all can see the point. Contesting is mainly about
having fun, but the fun resides sometimes in the fun of others and it is
difficult to perceive. This is
what OH6EI was good at reminding us of.

ILKKA

Ilkka Korpela