Line Noise

Steven London steven at ulysses.atmos.coloState.edu
Wed Dec 23 14:57:56 EST 1992

QRN from a 100 KV line 3 miles away.  That's incredible !

Our power company has a special crew that handles transmission lines, and they
seem to be competent.  When you call the power company, make sure
they understand it's a transmission line, not your neighborhood
distribution lines.  The guys who handle the local problems need special
motivation to get something done (it took some calls to higher-ups at
the power company).

I have a 100 KV line 1/4 mile away NW, N and NE of me, and it is very quiet.
On the other hand, the pole at the corner of the yard gave me fits for a
year until the power company was properly motivated.

Steve, N2IC/0