WPX Operation

Trey Garlough GARLOUGH at TGV.COM
Tue Jun 2 09:59:42 EDT 1992

> I need his prefix but he doesn't need mine.  So he clears me off
> frequency but doesn't log me.

I used to do this in the days of paper logging, but now that I am using
a computer I don't bother.  It is a pain.

> I send in my log and *BZZZT!* I'm
> docked for "not in log".

I don't think this is too likely.  The people who run the contest are
aware of this problem and deal with it.  On the other hand, if N4IN
ran the WPX contest, I would be concerned.

> I'd really like to see same country QSO's count for some value,
> a point or 1/2 a point, in the WPX contest.  Points could be
> boosted for the other categories and that would be fine.

I think making all QSOs within your continent count one point is a
reasonable thing.  This would give make me feel better when AA6TT
calls me on three bands.

And speaking of rule changes, this change from 30 to 36 hours for
single ops really sucks.  I think the contest was better under the
old format.  It's already hard enough to find 30 decent hours to
operate during summertime conditions.  Why should I spend an extra
six hours making zero point QSOs?

> Obviously the thing to do is head for the Caribbean...

This, of course, is self-evident.  :-)

--Trey