morse music

FOXG at WCSUB.CTSTATEU.EDU FOXG at WCSUB.CTSTATEU.EDU
Tue Dec 28 02:26:35 EST 1993

Back in 1967, when I was 17, I used to hang out in Greenwich Village on
Friday and Saturday nights.  There were many stores, including many music
stores.  One night, while I was walking down Bleeker Street, I heard music
coming from one storefront and it went like this...

"Oh dear Miss Morse.  I love you.  Yes I do, really do.  Dit dit dah dit.
Dit dit dah.  Dah dit dah....".  Well, you get the rest.  The really
sang the 'words' dit and dah.  The group was Pearls Before Swine and the
song was Miss Morse.

And now you know the rest of the story.

Geoff WA1U

>From Dieter Dippel" <UNRZ45 at daphne.rrze.uni-erlangen.de  Tue Dec 28 09:44:49 1993
From: Dieter Dippel" <UNRZ45 at daphne.rrze.uni-erlangen.de (Dieter Dippel)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1993 09:44:49 MET
Subject: RXCLUS: Cluster DX RX pgm (HB9BZA)

Here are some informationen about the RXCLUS-software !
Please don't send any kind of requests to me !!!!!
Please send all requests to HB9BZA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

73 de Dieter, DF4RD

DXNEWS @EU       de:HB9BZA 24.12.93 13:31  30   4107 Bytes
RXCLUS:Cluster DX RX pgm
de HB9BZA @ LX0PAC.LUX.EU
to DXNEWS @ EU

       RXCLUS 5.0 - CLUSTER INFORMATIONS RECEIVE PROGRAM

The french versions of this program have been developed for nearly 2 years
and were uploaded about every 6 monthes to the french speaking area's BBS's.

For the first time, the version 5.0 includes a multilanguage support, so
this version is uploaded @EU to see if there is interest for such a
program in a wider area.

As an introduction, here is the beginning of the user documentation :

  1.0. PURPOSE

         This  program   RXCLUS  is   used  to   receive  informations
  transmitted on  the PacketCluster system without having to establish
  a connection  to a  cluster node.  It identifies  the frames sent to
  cluster users,  and also  those exchanged  between two cluster nodes
  with a  special protocol. This possibility is especially interesting
  during  the   night  time  as  it  allows  you  to  receive  cluster
  informations with  no connection even if no user is connected on the
  local cluster node !

         DX, WWV  and ANN  informations are  recognised among  all the
  frames heard  on the monitored frequency and are the only ones to be
  displayed. Of  course, each information is displayed only once, even
  if it  is repeated many times on the frequency because several users
  are connected.  So you  get the  same result  as  if  you  would  be
  connected to  the cluster, but without additional traffic on the air
  and with  no link  failures problems.  It is  not a  problem if  the
  monitored frequency  is shared  with other packet services (Mailbox,
  and so on).

         There is  of course a limitation: if you are not connected to
  the cluster,  you cannot send informations requests ! But RXCLUS can
  attenuate strongly  this problem:  DX et  WWV  informations  can  be
  stored in  databases on disk and you can recall them using different
  search criterias. Furthermore, a world countries database allows the
  program to  give many informations and make some calculations like a
  cluster node:  prefix allocation,  WAZ and  ITU zones  of a country,
  azimut and distance, local time.

  1.1. RECENT IMPROVEMENTS :

  V4.0 :  new search criteria in the DX database: in the comment field
  and by  logger, choice of the bands you wish to receive the DX spots
  on, support  added for  23 cm spots, more versatile structure of the
  configuration file, screen saver.

  V5.0 :  multilanguage support  (english, french and german provided,
  translation in  other languages  by the  user  is  possible),  world
  countries database.

  2.1. HARDWARE REQUISITS.

  - An IBM compatible computer (PC/XT/AT), monochrome or color.
    A harddisk is strongly recommended if you wish to store the
    informations.
  - A TNC on the serial port of the PC. This TNC must make itself the
    frames assembly/desassembly (TNC-2, PK-88, PK-232, KAM, and so
    on). Internal cards (for example DRSI) or modems requesting a
    specific driver (like BayCom) are not supported.
  - A receiver able to receive a frequency used for cluster traffic
    (to users or between two cluster nodes).

The program with its english documentation is beeing uploaded to IBM @ EU as
a self-extracting archive file RXCLU50.EXE encoded with 7PLUS in 16 parts
about 4700 bytes in length.

Please send .ERR files, if any, to HB9BZA @ HB9IAP. Comments and suggestions
for improvements are also welcome.

Vy 73 and good DX to all                   Robert - HB9BZA @ HB9IAP