Comments on Kenwood vs. ??? i.f. filters

Skelton, Tom TSkelton at engineer.clemsonsc.NCR.COM
Wed Mar 3 14:39:00 EST 1993

I have seen numerous comments lately regarding the superiority of
non-Kenwood filters in Kenwood radios.  I admit that I haven't closely
followed this lately due to my lack of new equipment purchases.  Now that
I have recently purchased a new Kenwood TS690s, I would appreciate it if
someone could point me to the name of this company.  Also, if you have
any comparative  data you could share that would be much appreciated.
I have the 500 Hz filter installed in the 8.8 MHz i.f., and want to put a
second in the 455 KHz.  As N2IC/0 so aptly put it, this works OK for
working the RB5s up to 1 KHz away but not for handling real signals
(tm) from the excellent stations of the likes of  W3LPL/K1AR/etc.

Thanks in advance.

73, Tom WB4IUX