KLM 80m Yagi info needed

Bill W. Cox [AA4NU] aa4nu at raider.raider.net
Mon Apr 11 16:33:54 EDT 1994

An older friend of mine has collected 170' of Rohn 55G and a used KLM
80m 2 element yagi for his "dream 80m stn". I'll be part of the "crew"
to put up, and apparently keep up, this setup.

That's the reason for this posting ... What's the 'secret' to keeping
these 'monsters' "alive" as in working, not being worked on ? The antenna
came from another local who gave up trying to get it to work. Problems with
the relays and such seem to be a "given".

Who has a "working" KLM 2L 80m that can suggest the things to do NOW
before this project goes up in the air, or who to contact about this ?
Can this antenna be made to work CW and SSB ? What are the "right" element
lengths, etc ....

73,

Bill AA4NU