oo cards

Gilmore Creek Geophysical Observatory kl7ra at icefog.gcgo.nasa.gov
Mon Dec 5 12:49:31 EST 1994

In answer to Derek AA5BT about largest number of OO cards.

I will summit my 37.

When I was a novice in the early 60's I would get on 40 meters
running 60 watts and call cq with no takers for hours (I think this
early operating experience forced me to seek out similar results in
later life by moving to the arctic) and the OO cards came pouring
in for my 20 meter harmonic. Boy was I excited to get home from
school and check the mail for OO cards.
My real 7 Mhz qso's would be from around Nebraska and 9 land but
the OO cards would be from 1 and 2 land and even a 6 once. But alas
someone showed me how to tune the transmitters buffer/amp stage and
my "WORKED ALL STATES OO" stopped at 23.

Rich  KL7RA