Masts

Steven.M.London at att.com Steven.M.London at att.com
Wed Jun 22 09:10:00 EDT 1994

I used an 18 foot section of 1/4" thick chrome-molybdnum alloy
pipe for 13 years (similar to what K5RC is selling).  It is strong stuff.
I had a KLM 3 el 40 meter beam mounted 15 feet above the top of the tower.  The
tower was guyed 3 feet from the top.  Guess what - the top tower section bent,
but the mast stayed straight.

Steve London, N2IC/0
n2ic at longs.att.com