More on Regional Reporting

jsteinman at aol.com jsteinman at aol.com
Wed Mar 23 19:08:21 EST 1994

My previous message on regional reporting was a general statement written
with the assumption that this format will spread to ALL  ARRL contests, not
just the 160 test.

73
Jeff Steinman, KR0Y

jsteinman at aol.com

From: dcurtis at mipos2.intel.com (Dave Curtis) (Dave Curtis)
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 94 16:44:36 PST
Subject: Misc.

Bill KM9P says:

> 2)  Now that I'm in the process of building a new station, I am full of
> questions about antennas and towers.  Before it didn't really interest me.
> Every time I want to ask a question regarding antennas, I don't because I
> don't want to use up bandwidth on the reflector, since it isn't exactly a
> contesting issue.  Do you think it would make sense to set up a reflector for
> antenna and propagation issues?  If so, how do we do it?

Not exactly a contest issue?  If aluminum in the sky ain't a contest
issue, I don't know what is!  The main reason I find this reflector
useful is the discussion of "highly effective" antenna farms.
My current backyard may be 24 feet by 13 feet -- but that won't be
forever -- *please* keep the antenna farm related material coming!
It seems to me that "contest station" antenna issues are sufficiently
different to warrent keeping their discussion on this reflector --
stacking/multiple-towers/multiple-feedline-options/interactions/etc
-- this reflector is very educational.

73, Dave NG0X
dcurtis at mipos2.intel.com