FD freebie xmtrs

KA9FOX at aol.com KA9FOX at aol.com
Wed May 18 18:49:41 EDT 1994

Comment- The rule is a 15 minute rule in FD, not ten--and it doesn't
apply above 30 MHz.  Comment on the original - With all the classes
available in FD, can't see how these other TX are a problem.  Why not
enter 1B if you want to use 1 or 2 ops?  "Category" A is for "Club
groups (or non-club groups with three or more licensed amateurs)"
according to the rules in May QST. While 3 would be mighty busy,
they could staff an HF, VHF (single  multi style on many bands), and
have a third utility guy to cover packet, satellite, and the other
bonus categories).  And its only 24 hours!  Sure they would havea
tough time against 8 excellent ops, but a multi-multi in the DX
test with only 3 ops would be challenged, too!
But the main point is that the packet, satellite, and VHF offer
a chance for training of future contest ops, and a chance for
folks to work some modes they may rarely have a shot at.  My vote,
keep the special transmitters!- Rol K3RA (K3EF in FD) AB88 at CATCC