SS Score

Jeff Tucker N9HZQ tucker at eedsp.gatech.EDU
Tue Nov 8 15:59:41 EST 1994

tucker at eedsp.gatech.edu

From: TERRY GAISER <70621.2110 at compuserve.com> (TERRY GAISER)
Date: 08 Nov 94 16:04:13 EST
Subject: N6UR CWSS

1355 X 77 = 208,670

From: jholly at hposl42.cup.hp.com (Jim Hollenback) (Jim Hollenback)
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 1994 13:41:10 -0800
Subject: Part-Time SS

On Nov 8,  1:38pm, Bob McGwier wrote:
> Subject: Part-Time SS
>
> This whole topic needs to be moved to the reflector toilet-humor at crap.com
> where it will be read in the place and/or given the time it deserves.
>
> Bob

I agree, but in before I go ....

If the part-time contest is because "family" then ...

If you can't get 2 weekends a year for SS, which 4% of the weekends, for
a serious all weekend effort, then your family/wife/friend/dog/cat is very
selfish. If you throw in both weekends for CQ WW, then your up to 8%. If my
math is right, that means they get the 92%. Not a bad deal. Throw in a
RTTY contest or two and your only up to 12%. What's the problem? The other
88% of the time your doing what THEY want.

If the part-time contest is to get more invovled, then I think it will
probably fail miserably. Why? The guys that just missed the regional
box will cream the casual Sunday afternoon driver, and casual driver
will go away saying, "I can't compete".

PINS are a great incentive to get the casual guy in for a 100 Q's. Maybe
the PINS should be for a 100 on Sunday. Or maybe a PINS for 100 and a
small patch for "100 on Sunday". We need to ....

    A) market the PINS to more operators

    B) to get both you need to do 100 Saturday and 100 on Sunday.

    C) get more slow ops like me to operate all weekend at 18/20 wpm
       'cause working the guys doing 30 is not fun.

    D) figure out why the guys on 14.300 and 14.230 won't give us Q's
       but just tell us to go away.

Jim, WA6SDM
jholly at cup.hp.com