ND3F/R CQWW VHF results

Nd3f at aol.com Nd3f at aol.com
Mon Jul 17 08:24:51 EDT 1995

Rob, ND3A did the most operating, I drove, set-up and did
general tech support!  We planned on six sites, but only made
5:  got good sleep, though!

Grid   6M:Q/grid 2M:Q/grid 220:Q/grid 432:Q/grid 1296:Q/grid
FN10   12/7         19/8         5/5            11/5         5/3
FN00   10/8           7/5         1/1             2/2          1/1
FM09   14/7         11/5         4/2             7/4          3/2
FM08   23/7         14/5         3/2             9/4          3/2
FM18   9/4           14/6         3/2             7/3          4/2
Totals 210 QSOs, 586 pts., 105 mults=61,530 claimed
My goal is usually 1 QSO per mile.  We were about .5!

We found that it takes longer to setup with 2, about twice as long
as 1!  Murphy got us once, a tree caught our "stack" while driving
and repairs cost us 90 minutes Sunday morn.  The WX was very
beautiful:  worth the drive!

GPS invalidated my favorite FM18 site.  We found another just a
few hundred feet up the road, but I must apologize to the many who
have contacted me from there:  I was just over the border in FM08,
but you can't tell from the map! The road leaving the new site crosses
private land, and we had to turn back: the extra time cost us the
chance to operate from a sixth site...

Activity was sparse except for 6M e-skip.  Our 6M set-up was
marginal, and we should have known better!  We did work several
West Coast stations, midwest and Florida, which was fun.

See you in August and September.  We will modify our strategy
when the new scoring rules take effect, but who knows what we
will try!!