K8GL IARU SO/CW

PerryB1237 at aol.com PerryB1237 at aol.com
Mon Jul 17 18:51:28 EDT 1995

Posting this for Greg, K8GL.  His totals for IARU (Single Op, CW Only) are:
1150 Qs x 141 Mults = Total score approx. 596K.

73,
Perry
WR0G
For Greg, K8GL

From: Rich L. Boyd" <rlboyd at CapAccess.org (Rich L. Boyd)
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 1995 18:18:36 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: More SO vs SOA

I hope someday enough people with big stations and big operating skills
will also be in SOA that it will have comparable status to SO.

SOA doesn't have to be any less hard work than SO.  If an SOA station
manned by an operator with top-10 SO skills was operated a full 48,
really worked hard, as hard as any SO, the SOA score should be
comparable to the top 10 SO scores, or better.  If a comparable number of
SOAs are worked as hard as SOs, the prestige of either should someday
equalize.

The SOA has more decision-making inputs and tools.  They could be
considered crutches but aren't necessarily so.

Rich Boyd KE3Q