Rad Shack DSP

John D. Nicholson jnichols at ednet1.osl.or.gov
Wed Oct 11 10:09:58 EDT 1995

>I saw a bunch of traffic recently (within the past few months) about the
>Radio Shack DSP unit, but can't find anything in my archives.
>
>Local store has them on clearance - any comments for use on the
>second/S&P contest radio? I have an IC-725, which doesn't have the best
>filtering...
>
>73, Greg
>
>Greg Becker NA2N

Greg, I used a IC725 w/ the RS DSP for over a year and would encourage
you to grab it if it's on sale. On SSB, you will notice quite a
reduction in splatter...on CW, it's great; super sharp and not too
much ringing. The Noise Reduction is so-so but for the price, you will
be glad you got one.

Or you can get an IC775DSP... :)

John K7FD