Antenna/Tower Ordinance

huddlehd at fwb.gulf.net huddlehd at fwb.gulf.net
Fri Oct 13 09:39:42 EDT 1995

This may not be directly a contest reflector subject but we need your
help. Our local club is working with the city of Fort Walton Beach,
Florida to develop a new ordinance covering amateur radio antennas and
towers.  We have a very favorable relationship with the city planning
and zoning office and believe that we can work together to develop an
ordinance that will carry us on into the next century.

Our committee is very interested in any ideas and local ordinances
that you feel are good.  Something that hams can live with for the
next twenty or so years.  How does your city ordinance cover such
topics as "good engineering practices" in relationship to tower
installation?  What about wording covering guyed and unguyed towers?
Include anything else that we can use.  So if your qth has a good
ordinance we would very much appreciate your sending us a copy.  We
will be glad to return the postage that anyone spends sending us a
copy of a local ordinance.

PLEASE !!!!! DO NOT POST YOUR RESPONSE ON THE REFLECTOR FOR GENERAL
DISTRIBUTION.  Send me a direct e-mail about ideas and let me know
that you are sending me a copy of your local ordinance.

tnx & 73,

H.J. "Hud" Huddleston, KF4BU
925 Forest Avenue
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547

huddlehd at fwb.gulf.net

"An Opal is beautiful as a precious stone but not when a storm."

<----  End Forwarded Message  ---->

      /  /  /
    _/__/__/_    "Hud" Huddleston, KF4BU
    /  /| /       huddlehd at fwb.gulf.net