NNY and FD scoring

richards at nylink.org richards at nylink.org
Wed Oct 18 21:40:17 EDT 1995

Gentlemen,

I made a BIG mistake regarding FD scoring. Not sure how I came up
with that gem but suffice it to say that one gentleman was right
when he suggested I read the entire sentence. I was thinking of
something entirely different at the time so I also need to
pay attention to what I'm reading and to Jim Cain's original
post. Thanks Jim for attaching that to your reply, had I read it
closely initially, I would have saved myself a lot of
embarrassment. I also need to listen to my Mother who says I
should keep my mouth closed and let people think I'm stupid
rather than speak and prove it.

I read Jim's reply first and dreaded reading the rest of my mail
for fear of what might be there. Thank you all for being kind
and polite in pointing out my mistake. I appreciate that.

And no, I'm not the first victim of the abbreviated rules since I
looked at the old long style in QST.

The ARRL has had contest rules available electronically for
a couple years at least. I looked at my hard drive the other day
and came across the ARRL BBS directory I downloaded a few years
ago. And what did I see listed there, the rules for most of the
ARRL contests.
Not sure if they were all there, wasn't paying attention.

Thanks for the bandwidth and letting me add my 2mw. I'll just go
away now.

73 de Rick WZ2T  Contrite in NNY