Collegiate Championship

Robert Barron barron at liant.com
Fri Oct 27 11:22:28 EDT 1995

The second Collegiate Championship will be held during the CW
and phone SS contests.  Please encourage your school or alma
mater to get on the air and participate!

Second Annual North American Collegiate Amateur Radio Club
Championship

1. Object: For college and university stations in all ARRL (American
Radio Relay League) and RAC (Radio Amateurs of Canada) sections to
participate in the ARRL November Sweepstakes and compete against other
college and university radio clubs.

2. Contest Rules: CW portion takes place on first full weekend of
November (Nov 4-6),  phone portion takes place on third full weekend
of November (Nov 18-20).  Both start on Saturday 2100 UTC and end on
Monday 0300 UTC. All rules,  as stated in the October issue of QST,
pertain to this collegiate competition.

3. Station Location: In an effort to encourage club station
improvements all contacts must be made from the established club
radio station located on a college campus.  No "portable" operation
from a nearby contest "super station".  A club may operate from a
member's station provided that a club station on campus does not
exist.

4. Results:  Separate champions will be determined for CW, phone and
combined scores.  Official results will be based on those published
in QST so all participants are required to submit a valid log to the
ARRL.  Participants must also submit a score summary (the contest
summary sheet, NOT a complete log!) to the collegiate contest
moderator.  Provisional scores and winners will be posted on the
ham-univ and cq-contest Internet mail reflectors by the moderator.
Send results to:

        Internet:       barron at liant.com
        Mail:           Robert Barron
                        P.O. Box 180703
                        Austin, TX 78718

5. Awards:  To be determined.  Certificates will be printed.

This means:
1. Not limited to multi-op single transmitter if multiple ops not
available.  Single op efforts may submit their score as their official
school effort.
2. Not limited to US stations only (US, US possessions and Canada).
3. All club members allowed to participate (including alumni,  not
just students).
4. Club station rule waived when no club station exists.

Jeff Tucker (N9HZQ) is keeping an Internet list of college clubs that
are planning on participating in this year's Collegiate Championship.
To add your club to the list send Email (with your club's name and
callsign) to:
       jefft at atlanta.com

Robert Barron, KA5WSS                 barron at liant.com
Liant Software Corporation            Hook 'Em Horns!