Support

frenaye at pcnet.com frenaye at pcnet.com
Tue Oct 31 06:07:40 EST 1995

Geez, I can't even get Microsoft (the biggest, baddest software company of
them all) to acknowledge or fix bugs.

In any case, should you have a problem with a QST advertiser, contact Brad
Thomas, the ARRL advertising manager (kc1ex at arrl.org will work, or
800-594-0207).

Just remember that the cure may be worse than living with the problem.  Think
about all those non-contester multipliers you worked over the last weekend -
the ones where you gave your name and QTH, mumbled the zone number, and told
them what zone they were in, maybe even in some language other than English.
Then remember what happened when two, then five, then 25 people discovered
you had snagged a new one and boosted your score.  They all called at once,
over and over, until the non-contester went away, never to help out you or
anyone else with a contest QSO again.  Many (most?) companies in the ham
radio business are not in it for the big profits.  They do it as a hobby, or
for the prestige, or because they are hams themselves.

Help them all succeed, don't drive them away.  If you're dissatisfied with CT
or CT support ask for your money back - but don't drive them out of
business, it'll hurt the entire contesting community.

73 Tom

E-mail: frenaye at pcnet.com
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box 386, West Suffield CT 06093
Phone: 203-668-5444