Proposed New Contest Exchange

george fremin iii geoiii at bga.com
Mon Apr 8 23:50:25 EDT 1996

Brian McGinness writes:

>Yes, BUT... If the QSO is to count for DXCC, then a signal report, however
>inaccurate, must be exchanged.

Where did you get this?  I see nothing in the arrl dxcc rules
that talk about signal reports.  They dont really talk about
the info exchanged during the contact - but they do require
that the confifmation data (read QSL card) must have the callsigns
of both stations, the country, mode, date, time and frequency band.
>From this I would gather that all that really needs to be exchanged
in the on the air activity is for you to get the callsign of
the other station - and he get yours.  If they dont require the
RST on the the confirmation data - the way would you need to
exchange it?

>Since a lot of the little guys are out there looking for DXCC contacts,
>regardless of the type of contest, removing the signal report would be a
>big mistake.

Wrong - see above.

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.  "You don't need an antenna that big to work 40 meters."
geoiii at bga.com

From: AA7BG--Matt <AA7BG at worldnet.att.net> (AA7BG--Matt)
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 03:54:31 GMT
Subject: Sum: TS930 ON/OFF switch

--=====================_829022040==_

>Same problem here....ya gotta flick your finger across the switch quickly
>and it will stay on..might take several times to work...ive got it down to a
>science now and consider it my own form of theft protection device for the
>930!  haha
>
>let me know if you find any other answers to your question
>
>73
>
>Danny
>K7SS

Well I'll be switched! I did this and it worked!! The switch is now behaving
itself pretty well. Thanks all for the responses.

AA7BG at worldnet.att.net 			Matt			Power, Montana