Contesting and the Internet

Coen Waasdorp shwol at worldonline.nl
Mon Apr 22 20:06:02 EDT 1996

<<  I like the analogy of sailboat racing -- it's
fine to use the latest technology to design your boat, trim your sails,
and even sail your course, but when you use something other than the
wind for power *it isn't a sailboat any more.*  >>

A very valid point.

However if the crew is using electronic positioning equipment i.s.o.
the old sextant, it is still the sail boat contest, using wind as the
force of movement. Satelites and electronics are just other kind of
tools in the contest.

I suppose one has to accept that the environment is changing. Like
multi stacked beams now versus long wire in the past.

73
Coen
PA0COE