10 Meter Contest Free Zone

David Robbins k1ttt at berkshire.net
Fri Dec 6 00:15:47 EST 1996

Lunt, Billy, KR1R wrote:

> answering someone else's "CQ Contest" in the window. They shouldn't be
> soliciting contacts on those frequencies either if they are planning to
> enter the contest, but if they are just DXing and are not planning to send

so if i'm not planning on entering the contest, then later decide to
send in
a log because i ended up doing pretty good i could still be dq'ed?  at
the
bottom of the last sunspot cycle i did a single band 10m test just
playing
around and didn't think about sending in a log until someone told me i
may
have done good... i ended up with a certificate for a contest i wasn't
really in, but was thrilled since it was one of my first contests... how
would
i have felt if i got dq'ed instead?  would i still be contesting
today??????

> of "CQ"; this would be in clear violation of the intent of the rule and you
> would  be risking disqualification from the contest.

ok, so i don't call cq there, i call cq at 28355 listening at 28345 and
355, use double
the bandwidth and force the lu novices that have the equipment and want
to work
me to work split?  that sounds like it is within the rules, but sure
doesn't
make much sense.

and who are the police that are going to monitor this rule?  or are you
just
going to accept complaints from anti-contesters as enough to rule
against
someone?  what about the recent reports of qrm'ers recording a contest
station
and playing it back, whats to stop them from playing it back below 28350
just
to get someone dq'ed?  or not even being that imaginative and just
calling cq
with someone else's call?

> A rules change can always be considered for next year, based on whatever our
> experience is this year.

i hope it will be... maybe at the same time we can get rid of the 160m
dx window.

--
David Robbins K1TTT (ex KY1H)
k1ttt at berkshire.net   or   robbins at berkshire.net