CONTEST STATION TVI/PHONEI SOLUTION

N3ADL at aol.com N3ADL at aol.com
Wed Feb 7 16:46:54 EST 1996

I commend Bill's excellent commitment to good neighborhood relations but I
live in a cluster of homes where there are nearly 100 neighbors! My solution
is a tad different... I have the ONLY antenna of ANY kind outside for a 6
block area so I cause EVERYTHING !! ( Mosley PRO 67B at 60 on xtra hvy duty
Tristao motorized crank-up )   I get into TV's, radio's, toaster oven's,
vibrators, kids toys, fish tank's, ad nausum...(have a 35" Panasonic big
screen into a 220 watt Onkyo surround sound system 20' away from the shack
with ABSOLUTLEY no TVI or RFI  with ALPHA three holer at full tilt) ....so I
hold my ground on complaints...I listen with compassion ( I know how I'd feel
if someone interupted my Flyers hockey game) and then invite them into the
shack for a quick 25 cent tour....I show them TVI free consumer products and
give them a copy of the FCC's interference handbook while showing them the
names and numbers of the folks to write to in order to have the appliance
fixed properly....show them what es where to order in "bullet proof" fones
and filters...then I try and isolate the problem over the fone...usually with
them standing here talking to a loved one on the LL   I even had the cable TV
engineer out after cable complaints to make tests door to door ( found out
that two of my neighbors were getting premium channels without paying for
them and got caught with their pants down :)  ) ....in short I TRY and be a
good neighbor BUT... I draw the line when it comes to buying the stuff.... I
know MY neighbors... I'd be buying FILTERS for EVERYONE.....My approach has
produced pretty fair results.... I work most of the major contests and chase
the new one and hardly ever get a complaint any more (knock on wood) even
running QRO...It is REALLY not our fault on most of these petty
complaints....There is a ton of JUNQUE on the consumer market..I just wished
the watchdogs would make these damn manufacturers build the things right the
first time. Good Luck on ur next endeavour, Bill
                                                             73 de Doug //
N3ADL

R C