Captive rovers? Cheating? Nah...

ramirezk at emi.com ramirezk at emi.com
Wed Jan 24 16:54:43 EST 1996

 It sure is nice to live in the South now. Gone are the days of
trying to compete with cheaters,unethical types,etc. This is
like discovering a new tribe of innocent and naive indians in
the Amazon. The ops down here in the South haven't been polluted
and spoiled by obsessive/compulsive competitive madness and you
what? I like it. Andy(KA1GD) and I worked our asses off. We had
no captive rovers, we didn't plan any schemes to work 200 fm
qsos on 2 meters at a hamfest,we didn't run illegal power,we
didn't pad our log. We just worked hard to do the best with what
we had and made the best of it. It was the best contest I have
ever played in as bad as the conditions were.This was the most
fun in a contest I have ever had. It was exhilirating and self
gratifying to finally do an all out from the first and only
piece of property I have ever owned! You guys in the major
cities can keep up your foul play and bickering just don't bring
it here to the South. We like it just the way it is including
our low scores compared to everyone else. Weak signal operating
at its best! Just the way it was intended to be. Ken