State Department and 2m-440 issue

Tom at utd.com Tom at utd.com
Sat Jun 1 15:05:50 EDT 1996

>From: wf3h at enter.net (bob puharic)

>I talked to Mr Warren Richards today of the State Dept's IWG-2a. I was
>very polite, explaining that we hams were concerned about the loss of
>our freqs. Mr Richards was very hostile and abusive, accusing hams of
>attempting to intimidate him, and saying "you know how many GODDAMN
>emails I have from you people?" He said our freqs will continue to be
>under consideration for reallocation and accused the ARRL of spreading
>"bullshit"."

I've been staying out of this one because I really don't see it coming to
pass. None the less, it would seem to me that Mr. Warren Richards
manager/supervisor/boss would be interested to know how he deals with the
public. This gives complete justification for going another rung up the
ladder. I think this would show Mr. Warren what intimidation really feels
like.
N2GQS
 Tom at utd.com