/

bill.lumnitzer at paonline.com bill.lumnitzer at paonline.com
Sat Mar 16 20:15:35 EST 1996

 -=> Quoting Skoch92707 at aol.com (aka Steve, WB9WYM)<=-

 Sk> Goodbye all, I will
 Sk> miss the hate mail. Sorry I shook up the establishment (barely). I did
 Sk> not realize differing viewpoints were a crime.
 Sk> The best thing I have ever said? This: 73 forever de skoch92707

 Sk> ps. Enjoy WRTC-96, I know I will.

Goodbye, Steve.

Come back again sometime after you upgrade from Tech Plus and can join the
fun in HF contests!;-

73 N6CQ

From: Laura Ostrem <laurao at vcn.com> (Laura Ostrem)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 18:26:35 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Taping Coax to a tower leg.

 Greetings,

 I've never had luck in the long term with available electrical tape.
Either the sun screws it up, or the temperature toasts the adhesive.  I've
been using the black UV resistant cable ties available in automotive stores
for a few years now.  They are a little fragile when installing in cold
weather, but once in place they are fine.  I try to put them about about 5
ft apart on the tower.  Over a period of time I've istalled additional lines
and of course the ties have multiplied, making things even more secure.   I
must admit I do tape the top of the line in a few places before tieing them
just to get the process started (the tower is 133ft and the line is heavy).
I have had no rust problems under any tape,  but this is the dry part of
Wyoming and nothing rusts unless you coat it with salt first and leave it
out for a year.

                                73's

                                Jay WC7M in Wyoming