402BA Blues

WN9JAT at aol.com WN9JAT at aol.com
Sat May 11 13:03:24 EDT 1996

I'm looking for any advice or personal experience to resolve a problem
with my 402BA 2 el 40m beam. Hygain has not been able be of much help.
The antenna is setup for low cw (7050-7000) but it is resonant at 7230 +/-
40khz. I have checked that measurements 3 time and they are exactly
dimensioned for low cw. I had the antenna at 70 ft. but had to much
interaction with the 20 monobander, so I moved it to a roof mounted
short tower 50 ft. above ground. I have thought about the possibility
of structure interaction, but thought that that would normally cause the
rsonant frequency to go down. Unless the rules change for short
element linear loaded antennas. At at rate I'm out of clues, so any
insightful comments will be appreciated.

 73/Jerry/WN9JAT      wn9jat at aol.com