multiple band ss qso'

bill.lumnitzer at paonline.com bill.lumnitzer at paonline.com
Mon Nov 4 12:21:19 EST 1996

 >I know it has been discussed in the past, but what is the rationale
 >for NOT having multiple band qso's with the same station in SS.  It
 >would sure seem to increase the action.  What are your thoughts?
 Wr> -!---------------------------------------------

 Wr> Sweepstakes was originally a message-handling contest, not a band/rate
 Wr> contest.  When you've sent the "message" to one station on one band,
 Wr> the = job
 Wr> is done.  Changing this would change the SS tradition itself,
 Wr> something = the
 Wr> ARRL is not likely to do.

Yeah! But, who needs more ACTION in this one anyway? This is the most popular
domestic contest that ever was! In my limited operation, there were always
plenty of stations to work, even in the wee hours on 80m.

I'd be more in favor of changing the OTHER contests to SS format to get rid
of the bloated scoring that results from working the same guys over and over
and over... ;)

73 Bill N6CQ/3