[CQ-Contest] WPX DXpeditions

Bill Fisher - W4AN w4an at contesting.com
Tue Apr 15 15:18:58 EDT 1997

On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Bruce Sawyer wrote:

> That having been said, I will say that for me a 36 hour contest in general
> is not worth the price of the airplane ticket; a 30 hour contest definitely
> isn't worth it.  Based on the relatively small number of expeditions I see
> out for WPX (as compared to other DX contests), I think I'm not alone in
> this view.

OH NO!!!    Let's see...  If you and 10 other W6 guys dont go out of the
country....  That means I work 680 mults instead of 690.  Dxpeditions in
the ARRL and CQ DX contests are really appreciated.  A mult in those
contests is a big deal.  Times 6 and it's an even bigger deal.  But in
the WPX, it's just not the same.  Every 3rd Q is a mult.

Sorry Bruce, but making the contest longer so that 5% of the participants
can give the other 95% ONE more mult doesn't exactly seem like it should
be much of a priority.  Of course I'm one of the 95%.  Stay home and
operate.  Or come to Georgia.  Your off times can be spent at the boiled
peanut stand down the road.

73

Bill

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com