[CQ-Contest] S&P busted calls???

Paul Erickson paul1 at wizard.ucs.sfu.ca
Sat Dec 6 11:53:49 EST 1997

I would be interested in hearing others opinions on how to deal
with busted calls when you are searching and pouncing. As I run
qrp, I may be running into this more than others, and would appreciate
ideas on the most efficient way of dealing with it.

>From my perspective, there are three possible responses:

1)   Silence

	This results ,idealy in something like  VE7C?

	I respond with my call once.....

2)    My call once with no report

3)    My call twice plus the report

	I normally do this when only one letter in my call is wrong
	this seems to be safe since the VE7 contesting community
	is relatively small, and most of the others have calls
	significantly different from mine.

My own preference when I am running is for #3. Any other options? Which
do you prefer?

cheers, Paul
ve7cqk (often ve7cfd in cw contests)
email: paul1 at wizard.ucs.sfu.ca