Thanks to all

lu6beg at canopus.com.ar lu6beg at canopus.com.ar
Sun Jan 19 13:33:08 EST 1997

Thanks to all that answered my query about new verision of ped.
Got tons of messages. hi

73

Ernesto Grueneberg LU6BEG
LU6BEG at canopus.com.ar

From: tree at lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree) (Larry Tyree)
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 08:59:58 -0800 (PST)
Subject: NAQP and 160 SSB

I was sorry to hear all the activity in the NAQP below 1850 kHZ.

Perhaps many people are not aware of the band plan on 160, which
is used most other nights.  This calls for DX QSOs between 1840 and
1850.  Domestic SSB is above 1850.  The suggested frequency per the
NAQP rules is 1865.

Also, another thing is that operating on 1840 LSB occupies about
40 percent of the CW DX window from 1830 to 1840.  If your VFO
says 1840 on SSB, you are actually transmitting from about 1837
to 1840.  The ON4UN low band book suggests 1842.5 should be
the lowest SSB frequency used.

I hope we can all work together to keep the frequencies coordinated
on 160 and not need FCC regulations.  This is the only band below 30
Mhz without CW segments.

Just because there is a contest, it doesn't mean we throw out the
band plan.

73 Tree N6TR
tree at contesting.com