[CQ-Contest] K3LR a winner?

Doug KR2Q DougKR2Q at aol.com
Wed Apr 8 18:07:24 EDT 1998

In a message dated 98-04-07 22:20:15 EDT, N5TJ wrote:

<< didn't see K3LR complain about the East Coast (yea, he's a 3 - but
 almost an 8) doing all those M/Ms, coming in second, third, etc. No, Tim
 kept up his attack, honing his station and crew. And their efforts paid
 off  >>

My goodness....can't any of you "entrants" read?  It has NOTHING to do honing
skills.  I've said it before, but nobody listened:

It has to do with how many CQWW Contest Committee members operate at your
station!  When K2GL/N2AA won nearly all the time, there were 4 (count 'em!)
FOUR CQWWCC types, INCLUDING the Director.

When did LPL start winning?  When W3ZZ started operating there again.

Of course K1AR and K1DG are also CQWWCC types.

How about PJ1B/PJ9B?  Gee...quite a roster of CQWWCC types have operated from
there over the years too.

And now, K3LR invites over K3EST and N2AA and N9RV.  K3LR moves up from "down
in the hole" to the top of the box scores.

Am I the only one who understands this?

de Doug KR2Q

very TIC  ;-)

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com